We are an independently owned firm specializing in full service Homeowners’ Association management and we currently manage approximately 50 associations. The key to our management system is hands-on, personalized and customized service. We work closely with Board Members on a regular basis and are always available to address all of the homeowners’ concerns. Jean-Paul Vines has 15 years of property management experience, a Business Degree in Organizational Systems Management and a Real Estate Broker’s License.
FULL-SERVICE PACKAGE SUMMARY OF SERVICES:
- Timely Payment of All Association's Bills
- Promptly Depositing Income
- Coordination of Yearly Tax Filing
- Providing Monthly Financial Packages to All Board Members
- Coordinating Reserve Studies as Required by California Civil Code
- Processing & Following-Up With All Dues Increases and Special Assessments
- Making Routine Transfers From Operating to Reserve, as Approved by Board of Directors
- Mailing Monthly Billing Statements With Unlimited Memo/Notice Inserts
- Promptly Responding to All Resident Inquiries and Management Requests
- Reprogramming Intercom System, Updating Intercom Directory and Updating Mailboxes as Necessary
- Obtaining Multiple Bids, Providing Detailed Information to Board of Directors and Coordinating Maintenance Projects
- Checking All Vendors' Insurance, State Contractor's Board Status and Better Business Bureau Standing
- Taking a Proactive, Hands-On & Preventative Approach to Management and Maintenance
- Routinely Performing Thorough Property Inspections to Identify Existing and Potential Problems
- Developing and Implementing a Pre-Scheduled Maintenance Plan Based Upon the Association's Needs
- Updating and Renewing All Licenses and Permits
- Processing Escrow Documentation and Forms for Unit Sales and Refinancing
- Archiving Seller's H.O.A. Account Information for Future Reference if Necessary
- Nightly Offsite Back-Ups of Computer Network to Protect Association's Files & Accounting Information
- Dual (Mirrored) Server Hard Drive System to Protect Association's Files & Accounting Information
- Enforcing Association's Rules & Regulations as Necessary by Issuing Written Requests, Scheduling Fine Hearings & Imposing Fines
- Reviewing Association's Project Documents to Advise Board of Directors on Matters Pertaining to Dues Increases, Assessments etc.
One of the first tasks we carry out upon earning a new account is the establishment of a pre-scheduled maintenance plan. We carefully inspect the building to determine necessary regular maintenance such as:
- Steam Cleaning Trash Chutes Each Three Months
- Yearly Ant "Power Spraying"
- Pressure Washing Garage Each Six Months
- Touch-Up Painting Once Per Year
- Yearly Hydrojetting of Main and Branch Drain Lines
- Yearly Roof Inspections......
We work with the board in identifying items of priority and creating such a maintenance plan. Then, we carry out the plan on a routine basis which results in keeping the building looking its best!
A poorly maintained property can lead to numerous unnecessary and costly problems, decreased property values, frustrated residents and exposure to potential liabilities and safety hazards. As a result, one of our primary objectives is to maintain and improve the quality of properties without sacrificing the need for cost efficiency.
A well maintained property begins with routine and thorough inspections of the building and common areas. Some primary objectives of our property inspections are as follows:
- Identify existing and potential problems with the irrigation system, pool, spa, intercom system, trash chutes, rodents, pests, security features, garage doors, water leaks, necessary painting of wood areas to avoid future dry rot and more.
- Ensure that the property is always well lit and timers are properly set to provide safety for the homeowners and their guests.
- Verify that the landscape and janitorial companies are properly maintaining the grounds.
To ensure that the property is looking its best at all times, to prolong the useful life of the building’s equipment and to minimize maintenance emergencies, we coordinate various types of pre-scheduled maintenance tasks. For example, we negotiate contracts for annual roof inspections to minimize unexpected water leaks, quarterly “Hydrojetting” of plumbing lines to avoid back-ups/flooding and routine servicing of common area HVAC systems to avoid outages during winter or summer months. It is considerably more cost efficient for vendors to make scheduled visits rather than emergency weekend or evening visits.
In order to protect our clients from fraudulent contractors and ensure that we are being provided with appropriate solutions to problems as they arise, we work closely with vendors and gain a thorough understanding of the work being performed.
Each vendor is selected very carefully and subject to the Board of Director’s approval. Before establishing a relationship with any vendor, we contact the Better Business Bureau, conduct an interview, check references, verify the validity of their licenses and require proof of insurance with no HOA exclusions listed.
When working with vendors to acquire bids for maintenance projects, it is our standard practice to carefully analyze all bids, ensure the job scope and quality of materials proposed by various vendors are comparable and convey all of the necessary details so the board can make informed decisions.
Follow-up is essential when coordinating maintenance projects and routine maintenance tasks. We utilize project management software to calendar the start and completion dates of all projects, post the necessary notices, follow the progress of the work, follow-up with the vendors to ensure the time-line is being met and inspect the finished product prior to final payment.
The following are unsolicited testimonials from our clients:
2221 Ocean Avenue Board, Santa Monica - Vines did an awesome job of turning this around especially since this is the first day of rain when roofers are so busy!
132 Maple Drive Board, Beverly Hills - Very impressed, with attention to detail and promptness of responses to every day and emergent problems for our HOA.
8530 Holloway, West Hollywood - Thank you for being so diligent and thorough in your responses, we really appreciate it!!
1154 Barrington, Brentwood - Staff is very customer service oriented and very pleasant on the phone.
1221 Kings, West Hollywood - Pleasure working Vines for seven years now; we have enjoyed the cooperation and hands on building management they provide.
1209 Kings, West Hollywood - Thanks so much for your quick and (as always) diligent response, I appreciate your time and consideration always.
1201 Larrabee, West Hollywood - Thank you for all your help, concern and follow through!!
1633 Bentley, Westwood - Thanks for the quick identification of issues and the quick remedy to those issues.
645 Westmount, West Hollywood - Thank you for the prompt response…. don’t know how you do it!
1129 Larrabee, West Hollywood - Vines is doing a great job with HOA; we really appreciate all of your hard work.
1010 Kings, West Hollywood - I am delighted you decided to serve as managers for us Kingswood Court. I value your expertise and guidance and the comments I get from Owners are always favorable.
1010 Hammond, West Hollywood - Well done and always highly professional, thank you!